Glebe Centre Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Application Process


Applications to any long-term care home in Ontario, including the Glebe Centre, must be coordinated through a Community Care Access Centre (CCAC).

When the time comes to consider long-term care, contacting the local CCAC is your first step. The CCAC will assist you with your application to a long-term care home and can also provide you with information about alternatives to long-term care. Such alternatives could include supportive/assistive housing, in-home support services, retirement homes and senior’s apartments.  CCAC can also provide information on out of province transfers / admissions.

CCAC will give you information on long-term care homes in your area, financial assistance that may be available to you and advice on how to choose a home.

If you are eligible for CCAC services, you will be assigned a Care Coordinator who will help determine your needs. If it is determined that you are eligible for long-term care, your Care Coordinator will guide you through the application process.

To contact the Champlain CCAC, call (613) 745-5525 or visit their website:

For more information please Contact Us.

Accommodation Fees:

The cost of accommodation in a long-term care home includes the Resident’s portion and the government’s portion. The Resident pays accommodation charges and the provincial government covers the cost of nursing care and other services. The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care sets basic accommodation and maximum preferred accommodation rates. The amount paid by Residents for their accommodation is called a "co-payment".

If a Resident cannot afford the basic accommodation rate, the Resident or a representative may apply for a rate reduction through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.

The current rates can be viewed by clicking here.