Phase 1- Application
Complete and submit a Volunteer Application Package to our Coordinator of Volunteer Services. This package includes.
- Application Form (Complete, Sign and submit to Coordinator of Volunteer services)
- Confidentiality Form (Complete, Sign and submit to Coordinator of Volunteer services)
- Free Online Accessibility Training (Complete, Sign and submit to Coordinator of Volunteer services)
- Free Online Health and Safety Training (Complete, Sign and submit to Coordinator of Volunteer services)
Phase 2- Interview
Successful Applicants from Phase 1 will participate in an interview with our Coordinator of Volunteer Services. During this phase the Resident Bill of Rights and the Abuse and Neglect Policy will be covered in detail.
Phase 3- Conditional Offer
Successful Applicants from Phase 2 will be conditionally offered a volunteer position at The Glebe Centre. This offer is conditional on the successful completion of a Vulnerable Sector Police Check and Tuberculosis Skin Test.
Police Check Information
- Volunteers living in Ottawa need to apply online with the Ottawa Police Services. Please note that you may be required to attend in person based on the Ottawa Police Service Direction during the application process.
- Volunteers living in Gatineau need to apply in person at one of the Police stations of SPVG Service Points.
Please note: Volunteers in Ottawa and Gatineau can obtain the Vulnerable Sector Police Check for free with a letter from our organization. (Current as of May 2023)
Once a clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check has been submitted the Volunteer will participate in orientation.
- Be over the age of 14, parent/guardian signatures are required for those under 18 years of age.
- Have a good understanding of the English Language, additional languages considered an asset.
- Agreement to make a minimum of a 6-month commitment is encouraged.
- Highschool Students- Due to high demand and onboarding time, those applying to complete community service hours are required to commit to complete their full 40 hours at The Glebe Centre. We frequently offer special event volunteer positions for those not able to commit to the 40 hours.